Medical Damages for Catastrophic Injury
Determining accurate medical damages for your clients after a catastrophic injury is a challenge for attorneys and paralegals. The future medical costs, medications, medical equipment, therapy, rehabilitation and future care make up a significant part of the damages in personal injury, product liability and medical malpractice cases. Not only will you need accurate medical damages for your claim but you need to be able to have the correct information to back up those damages. Getting you accurate and defensible medical damages is our specialty.
Our Physician-led Life Care Services we can offer independent medical opinion related to:
- an assessment of the cause of your client’s catastrophic injuries
- projections and descriptions of current and future medical treatment
- projections for needed testing, therapy services, or counseling
- an assessment of potential complications that can arise for patients
- rehabilitation, home, and living accommodations
- projected life expectancy
Our Traumatic Injury Life Care Plans are created by Dr. Richard S. Kaplan, who specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) and has completed specialty residency training at the Mayo Clinic and served for over a decade as the Medical Director of the Physical Rehabilitation Department of the Uniontown hospital in Uniontown Pennsylvania. Dr. Kaplan’s specialty in PM&R makes him an expert in the medical and physical treatment of disabling illness and injury.
With over two decades of clinical experience and many years of work in the medicolegal field, we understand the specific needs of attorneys when it comes to medical damages and life care plans. We specialize in helping attorneys document the damages in cases where an individual has sustained a Catastrophic Injury such as:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chronic Pain
- Multiple Trauma
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
CATASTROPHIC INJURY LIFE CARE PLANS
Our physician-authored life care plans for catastrophic injury cases gives you detailed documentation about the medical costs of long-term medical care and quality of life and life expectancy. Our Physiatrist provides a non-biased report documenting the total medical damages for a catastrophically injured client and gives you the information you need for settlement purposes or trial.
To develop a life care plan for a catastrophic injury we do the following:
- Comprehensive review of all medical records
- Physical examination of the patient (if necessary)
- Detailed physician recommendations for items contained in the Life Care Plan to provide a medical foundation
- Detailed yearly medical costs for the following areas:
- Future medical care
- Medical equipment
- Drugs and medical supplies
- Therapy and medical modalities
- Facility or home care
- Home renovations/furnishings
With over two decades of clinical experience and many years of work in the med-legal field, we understand the specific needs of attorneys. We provide attorneys with an easy to read injury causation reports, medical cost projections, and detailed Life Care Plan for all phases of litigation.
Catastrophic Injury Services
Catastrophic Injury Services available:
- Medical record retrieval and organization
- Medical Review and Injury Causation report
- Medical Cost Projections for Settlement or Mediation
- Life Care Plan Review for Defense
- Life Care Plans for Trial
- Expert Witness Services for Settlement, Mediation, Depositions, and Trials
Do you have a Catastrophic Injury case that you need accurate medical damages for? We can help. Just fill out the form below and we can do a no cost initial case review.